The Transfer Mentoring Program is designed to assist new transfer students in making a successful transition to the University of Nebraska- Lincoln. Transfer students are paired with a mentor (an upper class student who previously transferred successfully) who can answer questions and refer students to the resources they need to be successful. Mentors also organize numerous small group activities designed to help new students get connected, make friends, and learn the ins and outs of being a Husker. To find a Peer Mentor who might connect to your interests, click on a Mentor's name to learn more about that Mentor. Then use the email address to connect to the Mentor or contact Kim Anthony, Transfer Mentor Program Supervisor, (402) 472-6936 or KAnthony@unl.edu or join us on Facebook by following this link! http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/466956303360699/
Transfer mentors can help you to:
- Meet new people and connect you to other UNL students who share your interests
- Get you connected to campus activities, clubs and organizations that suit your interests.
- Show you how to use the technologies you need to be successful (Blackboard, MyRed, etc.)
- Help you to navigate the UNL campus like a pro
- Learn strategies for being successful in your classes (ex. how to interact with your professors, organize study groups, etc.)
- Learn about and use academic and personal support resources at the university, such as the Writing Center, Chemistry Resource Center, and the Health Center
Still have questions or need assistance? There are many options for current or incoming UNL Transfer students! Contact one of our Summer Peer Mentors at:
Or contact Kim Anthony, Transfer Mentor Program Supervisor (402) 472-6936 or KAnthony@unl.edu
Join us on Facebook by following this link to keep updated on summer events and plans for the fall semester!
Transfer NSE dates are May 23, June 25 or July 11
This is your first opportunity to meet and interact with a Transfer Peer Mentor! Have questions before then? Post them to our Facebook site at https://www.facebook.com/groups/466956303360699/permalink/519973654725630/